RetroGraphicsEngine is a pure canvas‑based graphics engine for AndroidTM. Easy to setup. Easy to use. Fun to play.
This is the documentation for Version 0.9.5-beta1 of the engine
Welcome to the Retro Graphics Engine API! This is for canvas lovers. A pure API to create graphics, animations and even games based on canvas with AndroidTM. Very easy to get started and integrate in existing layouts.
This higher level interface for drawing graphics with canvas allows you to make fast progress. The purpose was to create an easy to understand interface for drawing on canvas surfaces. A pure interface to adopt your own classes and get results very quickly albeit having fun in programming.
This documentation will show you how you get started very quickly and how to accomplish various tasks related to graphics programming or game development. You will see the possibilities and what you can expect from this engine.
- Render sprites and basic shapes
- Animate sprites (Translation, Rotation, Scaling, Alpha, Color)
- Use sprite sheets for animations
- Add logic to sprites
- Timed animations: realize animations programmatically
- Background layers (parallax, static, scrollable)
- Basic collision detection
- Applicable in every layout of an activity
- Many helper functions